Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tornado drills, lazy bums and poopy butts- Oh my!

I am now back from my four day trip to Kalamazoo.  It was a wonderful time as there is so much to see and do there.  I felt a bit guilty for flying, because I see how much my little ones want to fly as well.  They will love it as much as I do.  So I plan on taking them on my next trip.

Now that I am back, it is back to normal- life as we know it.  Except I am noticing, just how cluttered everything really is.  We are fully unpacked and swimming in books and paperwork throughout the entire house!  I plan on doing some major spring cleaning this weekend with my little skiddoos.  I just need to get their cute lazy lil bums motivated to do so.  The weather has been a roller coaster ride! And in turn, none of us have the motivation to do much of anything.

Speaking of, it seems we didn't have much of a winter this year.  In retrospect, the weather has been down right crazy.  Instead of snow, we've had thunderstorms and tornado's.  It's as if we've been living the spring season repeatedly in stead of building snowmen and sledding.

With the recent tornado in Illinois (bless their hearts), we decided to do some tornado drills a bit earlier this year.. just in case.  So we got our basement prepared and began doing some drills.  I even put a portable potty down there for my little one, as he is still potty training. I have every faith that someday, his fear of the toilet will be a funny story. (fingers crossed ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment